The Scriptol programming language and development tools
Scriptol has been designed to be simple, safe and universal. It is a modern, object-oriented, procedural language with innovative features, for example it can use XML as data structure. Scriptol is compiled to PHP with the Scriptol PHP compiler.
Modern design of programming languages
New languages are unable to integrate new concepts to make programming easier, safer.
The Scriptol language
Scriptol provides a quicker solution to program your web pages, scripts and applications. Scriptol is the first language to use XML as a data structure. It is object oriented, high-level and designed to be easy to learn and read.
- Description of the language.
- Examples of code. Source code of examples running with the Scriptol PHP compiler or other Scriptol tools.
- The Scriptol manual. Available also in PDF.
- Programming per Scriptets.
- Last changes.
- License of the language.
A Scriptol program can be compiled or interpreted, and even built within an HTML page.
- Download the Scriptol interpreter or Scriptol to PHP 5, PHP 4, C++ compilers.
- Getting started with Scriptol. See also the commands of the included code editor.
The Scriptol to PHP compiler
The free Scriptol-PHP compiler converts Scriptol programs to PHP and makes
scripts or dynamic web pages. The PHP code may be interpreted
on various platforms by the PHP interpreter and tools exist also to compile
PHP to binary and protect the code against copy.
A version of the compiler exists for PHP 4 and PHP 5.
Pure PHP compilers exists also, but require to run a special environment on your own server.
The Scriptol interpreter is a teaching tool. A part of Scriptol's features is only implemented. The use of XML as a structure is fully implemented and allows to process information very easily.
You can get it on the download page . A full installer for Windows includes the interpreter and examples, an editor, and a reference manual. The interpreter is under the Mozilla 1.1 license.
The Scriptol to C++ compiler
The free Scriptol-C++
compiler builds executables for Windows of Linux, from Scriptol sources.
The binary compiler may be used with Turbo Explorer and Visual Studio.
A C++ compiler is required at backend. Scriptol is compatible with Visual
C++, BCC, MingwW, GCC.
You can link any C or C++ library to your Scriptol program. No need to compile something.
Links to libraries as GTK, LibXml, OpenGL, GD, and wrappers or C sources are available on the download page.
Examples and applications
- Scriptol is used to build applications in various domains: scripts, Web applications, desktop software.
News about Scriptol
- 2012 March 15. The site's domain has changed, from Scriptol.net to Scriptol.org.
- 2011-May-13. The book may be downloaded as a zip file. It is not longer avaible online on this site.